I think we can collectively admit that bacon makes everything better…at least in my house it does. Since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner I thought there has to be a way to put a new twist on a family favorite and include bacon. So without further ado I give you Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Hearts.
These delicious Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Hearts are the perfect way to say “I Love You” this Valentine’s Day or any day. The best part is that they are super easy to make.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Hearts
- 1 pound of ground turkey (or you can use beef if you prefer)
- 3 slices of turkey bacon, cut in half (you can you regular bacon if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1-2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning ( I used McCormick Steak Seasoning but use whatever you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place foil over a baking sheet and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together, except bacon, in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Place bacon in a heart shaped silicone baking pan as pictured below. ( I am using a Wilton 6-Cavity Silicone Heart Mold Pan)
5. Place mold on foiled baking sheet. Bake in middle rack of oven for 18-20 minutes.
6. Let cool for 5-10 minutes in mold before plating.
7. Decorate hearts with ketchup and Enjoy!