After I posted this scrumptious picture of the Monkey Cake I made yesterday I had people messaging me about the recipe so I decided to make a post to share it with you all! I have to say this recipe has been around for as long as I can remember. It was one of my favorites growing up because I could help make it. Now my kids love it too!! The funny thing is that some people call it Monkey Bread and others call it Monkey Cake. Either way it is bound to be a recipe you make over and over!
4 cans of biscuits (I usually buy the 4 pack)
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
1 stick of butter
1 cup of packed Brown Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a bundt pan and set aside.
2. Place granulated sugar and cinnamon in a gallon sized plastic bag.
3. Open 1 can of biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. I usually use kitchen scissors to cut in half then cut those pieces in half. (This step can also been done by children with supervision.)
4. Doing a half a can at a time place the biscuit pieces into the plastic baggy and shake well. ( This is extremely fun for kids!)
5. Using a slotted spoon sift dough pieces out of the bag and spread evenly inside the bundt pan.
6. Repeat steps 3 – 5 until all biscuits have been spread into the bundt pan.
7. Place butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the brown sugar and microwave for 2 minutes.
8. Stir butter sugar mixture and then pour over biscuits in the bundt pan.
9. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then flip out on to plate.