Valentine’s Day has always been a special day at our house. You see my oldest son was born on February 14th. In an effort to show my love and affection for my family I try to do little things throughout the day for them. In an effort to create the perfect sweet treat I used everyone’s favorite sweat. Those favorites are Nutella, graham crackers, Buttercream, white chocolate, and sprinkles. Together they are Nutella Buttercream Valentine’s Day Cookie Sandwiches.</p>
Creating this special treat is so easy and don’t take a lot of time. Follow the recipe below and enjoy.
Nutella Buttercream Valentine’s Day Cookie Sandwiches
- 4-5 heaping tablespoons of Nutella, to taste
- 2 cups of Buttercream (refer to recipe below)
- 1 box of Graham Cracker Squares
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- Your favorite Sprinkles
1. Place Buttercream in medium sized bowl. Fold Nutella into Buttercream. (I use 4 tablespoons but if you like more of a Nutella taste add 5.)
2. Place 16 graham cracker squares are parchment paper.
3. Scoop Nutella buttercream mixture into a sandwich sized baggie. Using a pair of scissors cut off one corner of the bag.
4. Pipe the Nutella Buttercream onto each graham cracker.
5. Top each with another graham cracker and press slightly.
6. Place the cookie sandwiches in the fridge, to set.
7. Put while chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Continue microwaving at 15 second intervals, stirring in between until you get a smooth consistency.
8. Once chocolate is melted, scoop into a sandwich size baggy. Cut a corner off and pipe the chocolate into hearts onto cooled cookie sandwiches.
9. Make sure you shake your sprinkles on right after you finish pipping so that the sprinkles stick.
10. Once you are finished let the chocolate set, which takes about 10 minutes. Then Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups solid vegetable shortening
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup for stiff consistency
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
Directions: Cream butter, shortening, and extracts until creamy and smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and water. Mix thoroughly on medium speed for hand mixers, low speed for stand mixers, until smooth and creamy. Do not overmix or mix on high speed.