School is in full swing across the country and parents are knee-deep in carpools and homework woes. One of the top challenges that parents face (me included) is keeping my kids organized. Through my 21 years of parenting I have learned a few tips and tricks that can help with this. From time management to Mabel’s Labels my top 5 tips will help you get your kids organized for a more successful school year.
5 Tips For Helping Your Kids Stay Organized This School Year
1. Have a Homework Spot ~ This can be a desk or your kitchen table or where ever works best for you and your child. Having a designated place for homework will help keep all your child’s school work and supplies in one place.
2. Set a Bedtime ~ You may be asking how this helps with organization but think about it. When we get enough sleep we are able to think clearer and are able to figure things out quicker. Not to mention you are in a better mood. All of these things help your child to be more organized and stay on task.
3. Color Coordinate Folders and Notebooks For Each Subject ~ This little gem of advice I learned when my oldest started middle school. He is so disorganized all the time. (I seriously don’t know where he gets it from LOL). So to help him out we chose a different color for each class and bought folder and notebooks for each class in those colors. It took him about a week or two to remember which color was for which class but after that he could grab what he needed and get to class on time.
4. Clean Out Their Book Bag or Folders Every Week ~ This tip is also for parents to stay on top of how well their child is doing in school in school as well. My kids are notorious for forgetting to give me papers that need to be signed or field trip permission slips that need to be filled out. By going through their book bag every week you get the chance to look through their graded work to see if there are things you can be working more on at home as well as declutter their book bag. It also gives them a fresh organized start to every week.
5. Label EVERYTHING ~ With 3 kids in school there is always the constant fighting over where stuff is and saying something belongs to them that might not be theirs. This is especially true with my youngest 2 who are girls and only 17 months apart. Being to close in age they like the same things all the time. To save money I usually buy bigger packs of things and split them between the two girls. To stop the fighting we label EVERYTHING!! This is especially true with school supplies. So when I was asked by Mabel’s Label if I could like to review their new Stylish Scholars Back to School Combo I couldn’t say YES fast enough.
The Stylish Scholar Combo includes:
The Stylish Scholars Combo pack has enough labels for everything you need labeled. The round ones are perfect for sports equipment including cleats. They Rounds and Teeny Tags are made to last and are waterproof and UV resistant. Labeling has been a life saver for our family. My kids have lost jackets and even electronics at school but because they were labeled we got them back.
So there ya have it my top 5 Tips for helping your kids stay organized this school year. BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!!!! The awesome folks at Mabel’s Labels are allowing me to give away 1 of the Stylish Scholars Combo packs to 1 of my readers!! How awesome is that??? All you have to do is enter the rafflecopter below so Good Luck!!