Since I’ve returned from my Disney Press Trip I have shared with you some amazing behind the scenes goodies about Planes: Fire and Rescue including How the Story of Planes: Fire and Rescue was Created. Well TODAY is the day you can get your own copy of this fantastic movie. If you are not yet convinced that you need to run out and buy it, let me give you a few more reasons you should with my movie review including some bonus content highlights.
Planes: Fire and Rescue Review
Planes: Fire and Rescue to me is a very important movie. The overall message of the movie to me is that life is full of challenges but when you believe in yourself you can do anything. I know this theme has been done before in movies but in Planes: Fire and Rescue it is different. If you are fans of the original Planes movie than you know that Dusty is an air racer. In this movie he learns that he may not be able to race anymore and feels defeated. It is only when he joins the elite firefighting rescue squad that he really learns his purpose in life.
The attention to detail throughout the movie is such a testament to the creators dedication to honor all firefighters. For instance, the numbers 301 on Blade Ranger is the same exact number that is on the Cal Fire; Fire Copter. Planes: Fire and Rescue is an action packed comedy adventure that the whole family will love.
Bonus Content Highlights
The Bonus Features on the Planes: Fire and Rescue Blu-Ray/DVD include:
- Exclusive Animated Short: “Vitaminamulch: Air Spectacular”
- Welcome to Piston Peak! This mock-umentary promotional piece shows off all the highlights of the acclaimed Piston Peak National Park and it’s aerial firefighting team.
- “CHoPS” TV Promo: An in-world TV promo with announce.
- Air Attack: Firefighters From The Sky: This high-energy, music-driven behind-the-scenes piece takes an inside look at the real smoke jumpers and firefighters who attack wildfires from the air as Director Roberts Gannaway and Producer Ferrell Barron take us through their journey in making the film.
- “Still I Fly” Music Video By Spencer Lee
- Deleted Scenes with Filmmaker Intros
- Animated Shorts: “Dipper” – Dipper posts her profile at PlaneDate.com…and gets a match.
- “Smoke Jumpers”: Dynamite and team are on a mission!
My favorite bonus feature is Air Attack: Firefighters From The Sky. The reason it is my favorite is because it gives you a behind the scenes look at the making of the movie. In the feature you see Director Bob Gannaway and Producer Ferrell Barron going to Van Nuys Tanker Base and meeting the firefighting crews. They learn about the planes they use as well as all of the equipment and what goes into their jobs. While in California I had the honor of visiting the Van Nuys Tanker Base and meeting the crews. So this bonus gives you a peak into what I experienced. The genuine respect and appreciation of what the firefighters do everyday is evident in this bonus feature as well as the movie itself. That to me is what makes this one of my all time favorite Disney movies.
Planes: Fire and Rescue Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack is available TODAY. With the combo you also get a Digital HD copy so your little one can watch this on the go!
Have you seen Planes: Fire and Rescue? What did you think of the movie?