Ever since I was a little girl I have loved bagels. One of my favorite memories growing up was going downtown to this deli in the morning and getting breakfast for everyone that worked at our family flower shop. Both my mom and Grandma would get fresh-baked bagels and cream cheese. Those bagels were soooo good and I loved all the different flavors of cream cheese. One of my other favorite memories was eating pizza every Friday night. It was our weekly family tradition. So the other day when I was getting ready to go to the grocery store I came up with the idea to marry my memories into this tasty holiday recipe. Hence the birth of Italian Pepper Pizza Cream Cheese which by the way is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Italian Pepper Pizza Cream Cheese
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese softened (You can leave out to get to room temperature or microwave for 30 sec.)
- 1 tbsp of sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tbsp Mezzeta Garlic tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped Mezzeta Mild Yellow Pepper Rings
- 2 tbsp chopped Mezzeta Roasted Red Peppers
1. In a medium size bowl add the cream cheese, pesto, and tomato sauce.
3. Mix all ingredients together and put into a medium-sized storage container with tight-fitting lid.
4. I like to eat this cream cheese on a toasted Everything Bagel. It’s like eating a pizza! Refrigerate for about 2 weeks. It tastes better and better everyday.
For this recipe I used Mezzetta products. Right now Mezzetta is offering a downloadable $.50 off coupon on any Mezzetta products. When you get your coupon you can also enter their Daily Holiday Gift Basket Giveaway .The coupon and giveaway will run from December 1st through December 31st. That means there are 31 daily prizes! Prizes will be shipped within 2 weeks.
• 100% Italian Estate Grown Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Golden Greek Peperoncini
• Garlic Stuffed Olives
• Castelvetrano Olives
• Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
• Roasted Marinated Red & Yellow Sweet Bell Peppers
• Cocktail Onions
• 1 Apron (from House Party contents)
• 1 Metal Olive Spoon (from House Party contents)
• 1 Tote Bag (from House Party contents)
• 1 Ceramic Bowl
Thank you to Mezzetta for sponsoring this post.