Kids (and adults) love playing with their food. There is nothing more fun that interactive desserts. In the spirit of the holidays I have come up with a fun twist on the classic Rice Krispie treat. These Rice Krispie Christmas Boxes are perfect for any holiday party or special treat. You can fill them will any candy or treat you or your little one like. They are also so easy to make that they are sure to become a new family holiday tradition.
Rice Krispie Christmas Boxes
- 7 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups of marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice krispies
- small candies of your choice
- thin ribbon
1. Melt butter in large pot on medium heat.
2. Once butter is fully melted add marshmallow. Continue stirringuntil marshmallows are completely melted. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
3. Remove from heat and add rice krispies. Stir in rice krispies until fully mixed.
4. While rice krispie mixture cools enough to work with (about 5 minutes) spray your Wilton Brownie Bar Pan generously with cooking spray.
5. Starting on the bottom of the square well, put about 2 tablespoons of the rice krispie mixture in the well and press it down to the bottom. Then take another 2-4 tablespoon of the mixture and press into the sides of the well. Make sure there is enough room inside for the candy you will add later.
8. When cooled, use a knife to gently pop out the rice krispie treats.
9. Fill the rice krispie boxes with any candy of your choice.