- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 1 teaspoon run extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt or tube pan.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar together in electric mixer on low speed till light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Add flour alternatively with milk to sugar mixture and mix on medium till well combined.
- Put approximately 1 cup of blueberries in bottom of bundt or tube pan. (If frozen, run under water till thawed and any ice crystals are melted. Pat dry)
- By hand, fold remaining blueberries into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake approxiately 1 and 1/2 hours till inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cake is done set pan on wire rack to cool completely. Run butter knife around edges of cake pan to finish loosening.
- Invert pan on to cake plate.
This makes a pretty big cake. If your bundt pan is too small it may raise up slightly over the top edges of the pan. You can either cut off the top if you want to make sure the bottom will be totally flat or you can leave it – depending on what you’ve got and whether you’re worried that the cake will be a little lopsided.