- 1 ½ cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup blueberries
- 6 lemons
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer
- Heat sugar and one cup of water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add blueberries and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 4 minutes, then strain blueberry juice through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer.
- Discard blueberries, and let the juice cool.
- Cut lemons in half and juice them. Set juice aside.
- In a large pitcher, add blueberry juice, lemon juice, and 5 cups of water. Stir very well.
- (Optional) Add fresh blueberries and lemon slices to the pitcher.
- Let chill, and serve over ice.
This recipe is made to my desired sweetness, but you may reduce the sugar by ½ cup for a more tart lemonade, or add an extra ½ cup for a sweeter lemonade.
Keywords: blueberry lemonade