- 6 large eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 5 TBS butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable shortening, melted
- 1/4 heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cups of blanched almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup of 1:1 Stevia powder
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until uniform.
- In a small bowl, heat your butter, and vegetable shortening in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Remember to cover the bowl with an inverted paper plate to prevent messy splatter. Stir the ingredients together and set them aside to cool to body temperature.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the eggs until the yolks and whites are blended. You can add air by whisking briskly for 2 minutes, but it is not necessary. Add the vanilla extract, butter, shortening, and the chopped strawberries and mix them all together.
- Now, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the large bowl and mix everything well. You want to produce a dough that is thick but pours easily into the loaf pan. You will need a plastic scraper to chase every bit of goodness out of the bowl and into the pan.
- Grease the inside of a loaf pan with vegetable shortening and dust with 1/4 cup of almond flour. Make sure the entire inside of the pan is greased and dusted with almond flour, pour out the excess almond flour. If you don’t grease and flour the pan well, your bread will not release from the pan and you will have a broken product. Still edible, but not very pretty. Just a note here, I usually prep this pan first before doing the rest. This step makes it easier to mix, pour, and pop into the oven.
- Bake at 350 F for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes cleanly out of the center of the loaf. Set the pan on a cooling rack and wait until the pan can be touched. Invert the pan on the rack to release the loaf and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Slice and enjoy, but refrigerate any leftovers. This bread will keep 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Keywords: keto strawberry bread, strawberry bread recipe, strawberries bread