I confess Italian food is probably my favorite cuisine. I don’t know what I love more the deliciously seasoned sauces or the tender pasta. Not to mention garlic bread which is I can not resist! This lazy lasagna recipe is my go-to recipe since my husband and I married over 30 years ago.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, which means we earn a commission when you purchase through these links.
When we first married, luckily I already knew how to cook several dinners. But when it came to Italian food, the only one we ever had in my family home was spaghetti. So on our first anniversary, I wanted to make us something special for a romantic dinner at home. Being newlyweds we had a tight budget, but I was able to create this wonderful dinner using regular ingredients from the grocery. This lazy lasagna recipe has been a family favorite ever since!
Speaking of family meals, here are some more easy family meals.
What makes this so easy is there no long time simmering sauce on the stove. Using store-bought marinara sauce works perfectly. You can choose to add cooked ground beef as I do, or if you prefer, use ground turkey. You can also go vegetarian using just the sauce, using a chunky garden sauce, or add some spinach leaves while layering the ingredients.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked lasagna noodles ( you use about 9 noodles)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return meat to pan.
- Add sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat mixture in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 noodles over meat mixture; top with 1 cup meat mixture, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread the remaining meat mixture over noodles.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- You can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey.
- Add a layer of cottage cheese mixed with parmesan. Or, use ricotta if you wish.
- Serve with garlic bread and Ceasar salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 590mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 35g