Many years ago I was introduced to Yoplait original yogurt. My mom loved it and always packed it in my lunch. It was and still is one of my favorite go to mid day snacks and on the go treats. When I became and mom I started my kids on the kids line and now they love yogurt as much as I do.
One of the things I love to do with my girls is back. I try to make things as healthy as possible. With just a few modifications to most recipes I am able to keep the yummy taste and cut down on sugar and fat. Yoplait yogurt is one of the secret ingredients that I use to do just that.
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes with Yoplait Yogurt
When you are baking the easiest way to reduce calories, sugar & fat in your recipe is to remove the oil. The best way to do this is with Yoplait yogurt. You will still have the fluffy taste and texture of your recipe that everyone expects. I bet most people won’t even know you made the switch. To show you just how to do it I created this Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake. Make sure you grab you Yoplait coupons HERE before you make this recipe.
1 box of strawberry cake mix
3/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of strawberry flavored Yoplait yogurt
18 vanilla wafers crumbled
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 cup of strawberry glaze
Buttercream frosting (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners
2. In a mixing bowl add cake mix, eggs, water, & yogurt. Mix until well blended.
3. Place vanilla wafers and butter in medium bowl. Mix until crumbs are well moistened.
4. Put one spoonful on the vanilla wafer mixture into each cupcake liner. Press mixture down into liner.
6. Bake for 19-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of cupcake.
7. Let cupcakes cook for about 10 minutes. While slightly warm use a knife to cup out the center of the cupcake.
8. While the cupcakes continue to cook make the buttercream frosting.
9. Once cupcakes are cooled fill with a spoonful of strawberry glaze.
10. Finally top with the buttercream frosting and enjoy!
2 lbs. sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, softened
1-1/2 cups solid vegetable shortening
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup for stiff consistency
1/4 tsp. almond extract
Cream butter, shortening, and extracts until creamy and smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and water. Mix thoroughly on medium speed for hand mixers, low-speed for stand mixers, until smooth and creamy. Do not overmix or mix on high-speed.
And because I love you all so much I am throwing in a giveaway that I am sure you will enjoy. Good Luck.